Integration and customization are key words in the software selection process.
Choosing a software to manage customer care is not easy, especially if this choice will affect for the next few years the way your team works. Introducing a new software is a crucial step; in some cases, it can lead to nasty surprises if you realize too late that it’s not the right product.
If the management expects you to reach to reach important goals with a low budget, here are the first steps to follow:
– Researching online the market offer
– Software Selection of the best products
– Supplier Evaluation
Once chosen the product for your Service Desk, going back is very difficult!
In this article, we will give you some guidelines to choose a Service Desk software, avoiding common mistakes in the selection process and taking a targeted and informed decision. Let’s begin!
1. search for a unique tool
Let’s have a look at an example of a typical business operation.
– First level support (whose time must be reported) handles the call
– Technical support has to have access to the following information: Contact location, Intervention history, Products and services provided to the user
– Creation of an automatic intervention report for billing
– The Service Manager has to be able to plan according to priority and availability
– The Sales team needs to have access to updated customer data to offer new services
– Management needs data and reports to take strategic decisions
Such a situation can be computerized with two approaches: using several separated tools or using a single tool and integrate it with other company applications.
Based on our experience, opting for point 2 immediately allows you to simplify processes and speed up internal / external communication.
2. select a flexibLE and customizable software
What would happen if after just one year from the purchase of the new software you needed a new feature but you realized that it is not possible to implement it? You would have to buy a new software and integrate it, starting from scratch.
No! Avoid this inconvenient situation and pick straight away a customizable tool that can fit your long-term needs.
With Deepser we manage all integrations with 3 simple native features:
– Creation of custom fields: with just a few clicks, you can create additional information, from a simple telephone number to a visual map;
– Configuration of custom events: When any event occurs, you can generate linked operations. For example, when you create a report on the Service Desk software you can automatically send the information to your management system;
– SDK dedicated to developers: very few Service Desk software offer this functionality. One of these is a well-known leading software in the sector which, however, requires an initial economical investment within the reach of a few pockets.
3. CHOOSE AN EASILY INTEGRABLE tool
If you’re managing multiple areas with different tools, ask yourself these questions. How many tools does my team currently use? Is it possible to get rid of some of them?
Managing user requests with a single tool helps enormously the team. This is precisely the right starting point for any automation.
Consequently, the product you choose will have to:
– Import history data (Excel sheets, dedicated email boxes, etc.) This way you can dispose of obsolete tools without losing information
– Integrate strategic tools (ERP, CRM, etc.) by sharing their data
This choice can be drastic and could increase project start-up times.
The good news is that there are tools, such as DeepConnector, which allow to do these integrations very quickly. Then you know it is the right choice if the Service Desk tool has already a native connector module!
Are you looking for a versatile, fast and customizable Service Desk software for your company? Choose Deepser, you can also try it now for free -> free demo.